Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Giemsa stain in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
GIEMSA STAIN : RXSOL-69-5181-182
Giemsa stain named after German chemist and bacteriologist Gustav Giemsa, is a nucleic acid stain used in cytogenetics and for the histopathological diagnosis of malaria and other parasites.
- It is specific for the phosphate groups of DNA and attaches itself to regions of DNA where there are high amounts of adenine-thymine bonding. Giemsa stain is used in Giemsa banding, commonly called G-banding, to stain chromosomes and often used to create a karyogram (chromosome map). It can identify chromosomal aberrations such as translocations and rearrangements.
- It stains the trophozoite Trichomonas vaginalis, which presents with greenish discharge and motile cells on wet prep and some other spirochete and protozoan blood parasites. It is also used in Wolbachia cell stain in Drosophila melanogaster.Giemsa stain is also a differential stain, such as when it is combined with Wright stain to form Wright-Giemsa stain. It can be used to study the adherence of pathogenic bacteria to human cells. It differentially stains human and bacterial cells purple and pink respectively. It can be used for histopathological diagnosis of malaria
- Giemsa stain is a classic blood film stain for peripheral blood smears and bone marrow specimens. Erythrocytes stain pink, platelets show a light pale pink, lymphocyte cytoplasm stains sky blue, monocyte cytoplasm stains pale blue, and leukocyte nuclear chromatin stains magenta. It is also used to visualize the classic “safety pin” shape in Yersinia pestis.
- “Owl’s-eye” viral inclusions, associated with Cytomegalovirus infection.
- Giemsa stain is also used to visualize chromosomes. This is particularly relevant for detection of Cytomegalovirus infection, where the classical finding would be an “owl-eye” viral inclusion.
- Giemsa stains the fungus Histoplasma, Chlamydia bacteria, and can be used to identify mast cells
Product Technical Specification:
Appearance Greenish Powder
Solubility 0.1 % (MeOH) Clear Blue Solution with Fluorescence
Absorption Maximum(in MeOH) ?1max 640-650 nm
Absorption Maximum(in MeOH) ?2max 520 – 525 nm
Absorptivity (A1%1cm in MeOH at ?1max on dried substance) 950-1150
Absorptivity (A1%1cm in MeOH at ?2max on dried substance) 600-750
Loss On Drying (110°C) <10%
Suitability for microscopy Passes test
Available Packing Size: 0.00
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Giemsa stain , for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Delivery / Supply Locations :
Oman, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al-Khaimah, Ras al Khaimah, Fujairah, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Fujairah, Ruwais, Mina (Port) Zayed, Khalifa Port, Kizad, Port Rashid, Jebel Ali Port, DP WORLD, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Khor Fakkan Container Terminal, Port Rashid, Jebel Ali Port, Mina Kalid Port, Khor Fhakan Port ( Khawr Fakkan, Khawr al-Fakkan ), Sharjah Creek, Ajman, Port of Hamriyah, Mina Zayed Port, Mussafah port, Khalifa Port, Umm al-Nar Port, Um Al Quwain Port, Saqr Port, Port of Fujairah, Dibba Port, Jebel Dhanna, Mina Al Hamriya, Mina Rashid, All United Arab Emirates.