Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Benzyl Alcohol in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
Benzyl alcohol is fragrance and flavor material that also has preservative qualities. It is both naturally occurring in plants and can be synthetically prepared. Tom’s uses only natural preservatives in our products to ensure that they are both safe and effective throughout the life of the product, so Tom’s diligently selected benzyl alcohol derived from Cassia (cinnamon) oil. Although the term “alcohol” is used in the name, it does not contain any ethanol, the volatile alcohol found in alcoholic beverages and mouthwash products, and may be present in products that are considered alcohol free. in chemistry the term alcohol is used more broadly to describe many organic compounds that share a common functional group, even though the materials themselves all behave very differently. These “alcohols” include aromatic alcohols like benzyl alcohol and fatty alcohols like stearyl alcohol that may be present in consumer products labeled as alcohol free.
|Density||1.044 g cm−3|
|Melting Point||−15.2 °C (4.6 °F; 257.9 K)|
|Boliling Point||205.3 °C (401.5 °F; 478.4 K)|
|Solubility in Water||3.50 g/100 mL (20 °C)
4.29 g/100 mL (25 °C)
|Solubility in Solvents||Soluble in benzene, methanol, chloroform, ethanol, ether,|
- Benzyl alcohol is used as a general solvent for inks, waxes, shellacs, paints, lacquers, and epoxy resin coatings. Thus it can be used in paint strippers, especially when combined with compatible viscosity enhancers to encourage the mixture to cling to painted surfaces.
- It is a precursor to a variety of esters and ethers, used in the soap, perfume, and flavor industries. E.g. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, benzyl cinnamate, dibenzyl ether, benzyl butyl phthalate .
- It is also used in e-liquid for e-cigarettes to enhance the flavors used. When applied to damaged skin or mucous membranes at a 10% concentration, it acts as a local anesthetic and antimicrobial agent. It can be utilized as a degreaser in rug cleaning products. As a dye solvent, it enhances the process of dying wool, nylon, and leather. It also has use as a photographic film developer, and as an insect repellent.
- Benzyl alcohol is used as a bacteriostatic preservative at low concentration in intravenous medications, cosmetics, and topical drugs.
- The use of benzyl alcohol as a 5% solution has been approved by the U.S. FDA for the treatment of head lice in children older than six months and in adults. It affects the louse’s spiracles, preventing them from closing. These then become clogged with water or mineral oil or other matter and cause the insect to die from asphyxiation.
- Benzyl alcohol is used effectively for treating lice infestations as the active ingredient in lotion shampoo with 5% benzyl alcohol.
- Benzyl alcohol has nearly the same refraction index as quartz and wool fiber. If a clear quartz object is immersed in benzyl alcohol, it becomes almost invisible. This test has been used to determine non-destructively whether an object is truly made of quartz. Similarly, white wool immersed in benzyl alcohol also becomes almost invisible, clearly revealing contaminants such as dark and medullated fibers and vegetable matter.
Available Packing Size: 200 Ltrs.
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Benzyl Alcohol, for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id firstname.lastname@example.org