Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Methyl tert -Butyl Ether in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
Methyl tert -Butyl Ether (MTBE) is a clear, colorless organic liquid compound. MTBE is widely used in global markets as a gasoline oxygenate. High Purity MTBE is used as a solvent in the pharmaceutical industry and as a lab solvent. MTBE is also used as a chemical intermediate to produce high purity isobutylene.
- Methyl t-butyl ether, MTBE, is widely used as the oxygenated additive to improve the characeristics of petrol. and its production grew over 20 years from almost zero to about 16 million tonnes a year in 2002. There has now been a dramatic turnaround in the US, Canada, Japan and in Europe. It was found that even very small amounts of MTBE can contaminate drinking water. Any seepage from storage tanks in petrol stations, which is not uncommon, leads to damage to the water course, This is because MTBE is much more soluble in water than petrol and any MTBE in the ground, is carried by rainwater through the soil, whereas petrol that leaks remains close to the tank.
- Many states in the US have now banned the use of MTBE in petrol. Among the first were California and New York. These two states accounted for 40% of the MTBE used for this purpose. Another 23 US states followed their lead within two years. Bioethanol (from biomass) is now the favoured oxygenate in the US, Canada and Japan in place of MTBE. Two other ethers, ETBE and TAME, are also used in the US and particularly in Europe. China and many other countries still use MTBE as their additive of choice although in China, methanol is now being used more.
- Denmark in the EU was the first to reduce the use of MTBE but the amount used in the EU varies from country to country and between suppliers. For example in Finland, the proportion of MTBE in petrol is between 10 and 15%, with an average of 12%.
- The petrol in the UK uses much less MTBE, one of the lowest proportions in Europe often with1-2% MTBE and a range from 0 to 10%. Apparently, the British are particularly price conscious. As MTBE is relatively costly, it is only added in significant quantities to petrol, where the high octane rating of 98 is needed. The petrol of octane rating 95, the most used, does not need an additive.
- MTBE is biodegraded by the action of bacteria. In the proper type of bioreactor, such as a fluidized bed bioreactor, MTBE may be removed rapidly and economically from water to undetectable levels. Activated carbon produced from coconut shells and optimized for MTBE adsorption may reduce MTBE to undetectable levels, although this level of reduction is likely to occur only in the most ideal circumstances.
- According to the IARC, a cancer research agency of the World Health Organization, MTBE is not classified as a human carcinogen. MTBE may be tasted in water at concentrations of 5 – 15 µg/l.
Product Technical Specification:
|Molar mass||88.150 g·mol−1|
|Melting point||−109 °C (−164 °F; 164 K)|
|Boiling point||55.2 °C (131.4 °F; 328.3 K)|
|Solubility in water||26 g/L (20 °C)|
|Viscosity||0.36 cP at 25 °C|
|Flash point||−33.0 °C|
Available Packing Size: …..
Methyl tert -Butyl Ether Supplier in Oman , Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, Abudhabi
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Methyl tert -Butyl Ether, for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id email@example.com
Leave a Comment