Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Methyl salicylate in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
Methyl salicylate (oil of wintergreen or wintergreen oil) is an organic compound with the formula C6H4(OH)(CO2CH3). It is the methyl ester of salicylic acid. It is a colorless, viscous liquid with a sweet fruity odor reminiscent of root beer.The odor is often described as “minty” due to its use in mint candies. It is produced by many species of plants, particularly wintergreens. It is also produced synthetically, used as a fragrance, in foods and beverages, and in liniments.
- Methyl salicylate is used in high concentrations as a rubefacient and analgesic in deep heating liniments (such as Bengay) to treat joint and muscular pain. Randomised double blind trials report that evidence of its effectiveness is weak, but stronger for acute pain than chronic pain, and that effectiveness may be due entirely to counterirritation. However, in the body it metabolizes into salicylates, including salicylic acid, a known NSAID.
- Methyl salicylate is used in low concentrations (0.04% and under) as a flavoring agent in chewing gum and mints. When mixed with sugar and dried it is a potentially entertaining source of triboluminescence, gaining the tendency to build up electrical charge when crushed or rubbed. This effect can be observed by crushing wintergreen Life Savers in a dark room. It is used as an antiseptic in Listerine mouthwash produced by the Johnson & Johnson company. It provides fragrance to various products and as an odor-masking agent for some organophosphate pesticides.
- Methyl salicylate is also used as a bait for attracting male orchid bees for study, which apparently gather the chemical to synthesize pheromones,and to clear plant or animal tissue samples of color, and as such is useful for microscopy and immunohistochemistry when excess pigments obscure structures or block light in the tissue being examined. This clearing generally only takes a few minutes, but the tissue must first be dehydrated in alcohol.
- Additional applications include: used as a simulant or surrogate for the research of chemical warfare agent sulfur mustard, due to its similar chemical and physical properties., in restoring (at least temporarily) the elastomeric properties of old rubber rollers, especially in printers, and as a penetrating oil to loosen rusted parts.
- Most instances of human toxicity due to methyl salicylate are a result of over-application of topical analgesics, especially involving children. Salicylate, the major metabolite of methyl salicylate, may be quantitated in blood, plasma or serum to confirm a diagnosis of poisoning in hospitalized patients or to assist in an autopsy.
- Methyl salicylate like other salicylates interferes with vitamin-k metabolism thereby decreasing blood clotting ability. For allergic individuals the risk of an adverse reaction is not dose related even a very small amount topically applied salicylate can generate an allergic response.
Product Technical Specification:
|Melting point||−8.6 °C (16.5 °F; 264.5 K)|
|Boiling point||222 °C (432 °F; 495 K)
Decomposes at 340–350 °C
|Solubility in water||0.639 g/L (21 °C)
0.697 g/L (30 °C)
|Solubility||Miscible in organic solvents|
|Solubility in acetone||10.1 g/g (30 °C)|
|Vapor pressure||1 mmHg (54 °C)|
|Magnetic susceptibility (χ)||−8.630×10−5 cm3/mol|
|Refractive index (nD)||1.538|
Available Packing Size:…..
Methyl salicylate Supplier in Oman , Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, Abudhabi
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Methyl salicylate, for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id email@example.com
Leave a Comment