Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Methoxy propyl acetate in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
Methoxy propyl acetate, also known as propylene glycol monomethyl ether acetate, is a clear, colourless liquid with a mild ether-like odour. It is only slightly soluble in water but miscible with most common organic solvents. Methoxy propyl acetate is slightly hygroscopic, relatively fast evaporating and has a low viscosity. It enters into reactions which are characteristic of both esters and ethers, displaying their good solvent power.
Methoxy propyl acetate is produced by reacting propylene oxide with methanol using a catalyst.
Selected applications of Methoxypropyl Acetate are presented below. By virtue of its good solvent power for numerous resins and dyes, Methoxypropyl Acetate can be used as a solvent, flow improver and coalescent in coatings. It is particularly suitable for coatings containing polyisocyanates. In this case, it is important that the peroxide fraction is as small as possible, as otherwise the colour of the final product may change. It is for this reason that we stabilize our solvent with 2,6-di-t-butyl-p-cresol(BHT). Other applications for Methoxypropyl Acetate include
- flexographic, gravure and screen printing inks
- ball pen pastes
- dyes in furniture polishes or woodstains
- dye solutions and pastes for printing and colouring leather and textiles. Yet another application for Methoxypropyl Acetate is as a binder forcore sands in foundries.
When using this product, the information and advice given in our Safety Data Sheet should be observed. Due attention should also be given to the precautions necessary for handling chemicals.
Product Technical Specification:
- Good solvency power for resins and dyes.
- Mild odour.
- Medium volatility.
- Miscible with most organic solvents.
- Limited miscibility with water.
- Can be used as a solvent, flow improver and coalescent in coatings.
- Assists in core sand binding for foundry applications.
- A replacement for ethoxyethyl acetate. Suitable for coatings containing polyisocyanates.
- Other applications include printing, inks, adhesives, ball pen pastes, dyes in polishes and wood stains and for colourings in leather textiles.
- Good detergent & foaming performance
|Appearance||colourless clear liquid|
|Odour||sweet ether like|
|Freezing / Melting Point (°C)||not available|
|Solubility in Water..||19.8g/100g|
|Flash Point (closed cup)||.46 °C|
Available Packing Size: 210 Ltr.
Methoxy propyl acetate Supplier in Oman , Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, Abudhabi
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Methoxy propyl acetate, for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id email@example.com