Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Isoamyl Alcohol in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
Isoamyl Alcohol (also known as Isopentyl alcohol) is a colorless liquid with the formula (CH3)2CHCH2CH2OH. It is one of several isomers of amyl alcohol. It is an ingredient in the production of banana oil, an ester found in nature and also produced as a flavouring in industry. It is a common fusel alcohol, produced as a major by-product of ethanol fermentation. It is also an ingredient of Kovac’s reagent, used for the bacterial diagnostic indole test.
It is also used as an antifoaming agent in the chloroform:isomyl alcohol reagent.
Isoamyl alcohol is used in a phenol–chloroform extraction mixed with the chloroform to further inhibit RNase activity and prevent solubility of RNAs with long tracts of poly-adenine.
- Isoamyl alcohol is used as a solvent for the preparation of synthetic fruit flavours, such as apricot, banana, cheery, greengage, malt, orange, plum and whiskey flavours, and is a raw material in the production of synthetic banana oil. It is one of the components of the aroma of the black truffle. It is also used for estimation of fat in milk and milk products.
- It is the main ingredient of Kovac’s Reagent used for the bacterial diagnostic Indole Test.
- Its blend of properties makes it suitable for use as a foam suppressant, affecting the surface tension of micro-emulsions and causing foam breaking.
- As a solvent, it is finding increasing use in a wide number of industrial applications. In solvency power, it falls between common hydrocarbon solvents and lower molecular weight ketones. Paraffin wax is soluble in hot isoamyl alcohol.
- In formulation, some high molecular weight esters and polar plastics incorporate Isoamyl alcohol-based systems e.g. cellulose esters. Shellac and urea formaldehyde.
- It is a diluent in some printing inks, lacquers and gums.
- In pharmaceuticals, it is the initial raw material for a number of drug preparations such as Barbamil, Validol, Corvalol and amyl nitrite.
- A derivative of Isoamyl alcohol, the p-methoxycinnamate is used as a UV absorber in some cosmetic formulations, and the product itself finds application as a cosmetic flavouring and in perfume.
- If you are interested in isoamyl alcohol you may also like to visit the Isoamyl acetate page. Please feel free to contact the experts at Chemoxy if you have a question about the properties and applications of Isoamyl alcohol.
Product Technical Specification:
|Appearance||Clear, colorless liquid|
|Density||0.8104 g/cm3 at 20 °C|
|Melting point||−117 °C (−179 °F; 156 K)|
|Boiling point||131.1 °C (268.0 °F; 404.2 K)|
|Solubility in water||slightly soluble, 28 g/L|
|Solubility||very soluble in acetone, diethyl ether, ethanol|
|Vapor pressure||28 mmHg (20°C)|
|Magnetic susceptibility (χ)||-68.96·10−6 cm3/mol|
Available Packing Size: 25 Ltr.
Isoamyl Alcohol Supplier in Oman , Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, Abudhabi
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Isoamyl Alcohol , for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Comment