Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Ethanol Amine in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
Ethanol Amine, also known as aminoethanol or glycinol, belongs to the class of organic compounds known as 1,2-aminoalcohols. These are organic compounds containing an alkyl chain with an amine group bound to the C1 atom and an alcohol group bound to the C2 atom. Ethanolamine is a very strong basic compound (based on its pKa). Ethanolamine exists in all living species, ranging from bacteria to humans. ethanolamine can be converted into O-phosphoethanolamine; which is catalyzed by the enzyme choline/ethanolamine kinase. In yeast, ethanolamine is involved in the metabolic pathway called phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis pathway. Ethanolamine is a potentially toxic compound.
|Odor||Unpleasant ammonia-like odour|
|Melting point||10.3 °C (50.5 °F; 283.4 K)|
|Boiling point||170 °C (338 °F; 443 K)|
|Solubility in water||Miscible|
|Vapor pressure||64 Pa (20 °C)|
- Ethanolamine is commonly called monoethanolamine or MEA in order to be distinguished from diethanolamine (DEA) and triethanolamine (TEA). It is used as feedstock in the production of detergents, emulsifiers, polishes, pharmaceuticals, corrosion inhibitors, and chemical intermediates.
- Gas stream scrubbing:Like other amines, monoethanolamine is a weak base and this property is exploited in its use in gas scrubbing. Monoethanolamines can scrub combusted coal, combusted methane and combusted biogas flue emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) very efficiently. Monoethanolamine scrubbing reduces climate change and can make historical coal and biogas industry more modern, healthier and more marketable. Legally, it is especially relevant to the Paris Agreement. MEA carbon dioxide scrubbing is also used to regenerate the air on submarines.
- Solutions of MEA in water are used as a gas stream scrubbing liquid in amine treaters. For example, aqueous MEA is used to remove carbon dioxide (CO2) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) from various gas streams; e.g., flue gas and sour natural gas. The MEA ionizes dissolved acidic compounds, making them polar and considerably more soluble.
- MEA scrubbing solutions can be recycled through a regeneration unit. When heated, MEA, being a rather weak base, will release dissolved H2S or CO2 gas resulting in a pure MEA solution.
- In pharmaceutical formulations, MEA is used primarily for buffering or preparation of emulsions. MEA can be used as pH regulator in cosmetics.
- It is also an injectable sclerosant as a treatment option of symptomatic hemorrhoids. 2-5 ml of ethanolamine oleate can be injected into the mucosa just above the hemorrhoids to cause ulceration and mucosal fixation thus preventing hemorrhoids from descending out of the anal canal.
- pH-control amine:Ethanolamine is often used for alkalinization of water in steam cycles of power plants, including nuclear power plants with pressurized water reactors. This alkalinization is performed to control corrosion of metal components. ETA (or sometimes a similar organic amine; e.g., morpholine) is selected because it does not accumulate in steam generators (boilers) and crevices due to its volatility, but rather distributes relatively uniformly throughout the entire steam cycle. In such application, ETA is a key ingredient of so-called “all-volatile treatment” of water (AVT)
Available Packing Size: 200 Ltr.
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Ethanol Amine, for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id firstname.lastname@example.org.