Sharjah Chemicals is leading Supplier, Manufacture and Exporter of Butyl Di Glycol in Sharjah UAE, Al Qusais, Deira, Saif Zone, Fujairah,Dubai, Abudhabi, Ajman, Diera, UAE Middle East, Al Quoz, Jebel Ali, Umm Al Quawain, Ras Al Khaimah, Masafi, Khor Fakkan, Al Hayl, Al Ain, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, Al khubaisi, Um Ramool Industrial Area, Al Qusais Industrial Area, Jebel Ali.
- Butyl Di Glycol is a clear, colourless liquid with a high boiling point, low volatility and a mild, pleasant odour. Its properties are similar to butyl glycol, though it evaporates more slowly. Like other glycol ethers, it has a bi-functional nature, containing both ether and alcohol groups in the same molecule. It is fully miscible with water and a wide range of organic solvents. This excellent miscibility makes it a versatile solvent, coupling and coalescing agent which offers excellent performance features in a wide range of applications.
Its bi-functional nature also means that is displays the typical reactions of an alcohol, ie. esterification, etherification, oxidation and the formation of acetates and alcoholates, as well as those of an ether, forming peroxide in the presence of atmospheric oxygen.Butyl di glycol is produced by the reaction of two ethylene molecules with normal butanol (n-butanol) in the presence of a catalyst.
Appearance Clear Colorless Odor Mild, characteristic; pleasant Flash point 212 °F refractive index n20/D 1.432 vapor pressure 30 mm Hg ( 130 °C) vapor density 5.6 (vs air) Density 0.967 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.) Boiling point 231 °C(lit.) Melting point -68 °C(lit.)
- Butyl di glycol is commonly used as a flow promoter in baking finishes such as those derived from urea, melamine and phenol, in lacquers for coil coating and in cellulose nitrate baking finishes; it also reduces the tendency of such products to blistering.
- It is used as a latex coalescent in a range of adhesives and water-based coatings, and as a solvent in silk screen printing inks, ballpoint and felt-tip pen inks and textile inks and dyes.
- Butyl di glycol acts as a solvent in many natural and synthetic resins, fats and oils, and is regularly used in both industrial and household surface cleaners as a de-greasing agent, in rust removers and disinfectants.
- It is an important starting material for a variety of syntheses, being one of the raw materials for the production of butyl di glycol acetate and for the production of plasticizers by reaction with phthalic anhydride. It is also formulated into some insecticides and herbicides, and is a component in hydraulic brake fluid, cutting oils, printing inks and foam extinguishants
Available Packing Size: 210 Ltrs.
Sharjah Chemicals offers highest quality products in Paint and Cleaning Solvent, Tank cleaning, Detergent, Degreaser & Floor care chemical. We assure for quality and ensure that only the best is catered to the customers.Our basic motto of the company is to give a better product to the customer at the lowest rate. We are keeping ready stock of Butyl Di Glycol, for more information, any support and price, Feel free to contact us through our Email id email@example.com